View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyApps.Org View Post
@geekmaster - Thanks so much for your post - it made my day!
I am a firm believer in SIB (Small Is Beautiful), as used in your website logo tagline. Back in the day, I had a long series of email exchanges with Steve Gibson, and we discussed many things including SIB (a package of tiny asm demos you can download at grc.com) and related techniques.

On a related note, check out my tiny shell scripts that actually do useful but unusual things in unusual ways. I am torn between wanting to publish while I can, and wanting to wait until I can crystallize the elegant essence of an idea into tiny and simple code (/bin/sh in this case).

Tiny but elegant ALGORITHMS are much more important than tiny code, but they go together. If you have not read the "Programming Pearls" series, you really should...

And thanks for keeping the tinyapps.org website together. So many of my favorite internet sites go away during periodic economic downturns, and I am very glad yours is still alive after all these years.

P.S. I just *had* to give you my "badge of honor" 2600 karma (for your website, and adding kindle stuff to it).

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-03-2012 at 01:00 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote