View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I'm not sure if the DX behaves differently when on 3.x firmware. When on 2.5.x firmware, the activation of USB networking is _different_ from a K3 in that the string you have to enter in the search input line is _not_ prefixed by a ";", but by "~", I think [edit: I was wrong, read below!]. Read the information that comes with the USB networking installer (there's a README!) carefully, I think it's mentioned in there. However, OTOH, your device might also behave like a K3 in that regard since you changed firmware. There's no other trick, I think, just entering exactly the right things. Well, at least when it really installed fine _and_ the combination of firmware 3.x on a KDX works with USB networking at all.

Last edited by hawhill; 04-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote