View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #101
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Right, this is a known issue, that is made obvious in the instructions I refer to in my posts.

Your recent posts stated that you had tried updating the FW a number of times, I guess I
shouldn't have assumed you had read and followed the normal procedures, in those attempts.

Luck;
Ken
Problem was finding the "normal procedures"! I found several sets of instructions - none of them mentioned that early JetBooks could not read SDHC cards, so none of them worked for me. Almost all SD cards these days are SDHC types - when I became aware of the possible cause of the problem I visited seven shops before I found a card under 4GB (and it cost more than an 8GB one).

Note that the instructions I have posted are not a direct copy of the Ectaco page, which does not mention the SDHC issue, they are derived from the Ectaco page and my experiences. I have suggested to Ectaco that they mention the SD card issue on their upgrade page.

Best wishes - James
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote