View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
MrFred
MrFred began at the beginning.

Device: BB Playbook (32GB)
Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaVS View Post
Hi from Abbotsford. I have been reading on my 16GB since it became available. I bought three ebook readers through App World: Play ePub Book Reader (+free trial) for $1.99, EPUB reader for $1.99 and Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books for $.99. I find the Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle the easiest to use because it has its own directory tree so you can view folders on the Playbook in order to find your ebooks.

I downloaded BlueBox for Blackberry Playbook (free on App World) and set up an account on my PC at DropBox. I am able to send books from Calibre to the DropBox folder on my computer and it automatically copies them to my online DropBox folder.
I can then load the books through BlueBox on my Playbook to any of the above listed programs.

If you have any questions, let me know. I also found it frustrating when I first attempted to get my books transferred over.
I just bought Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books and copied over my 1st ePub book. Works great! Thanks for the post.

I am told I can get the Kindle reader as well if I figure out how to sideload Android apps. Is there any value in getting that reader as well? I too am from Canada.
MrFred is offline   Reply With Quote