Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle screen has gone weird
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
A quick update ....

Although I'm not too bothered about having to replace the Kindle, I thought I would talk to Kindle Support, as per Andy's suggestion.

When I pointed out that the Kindle was out of warranty, the helpful support guy said that they would be willing to replace it anyway, but not for free. There would be a charge, which would be less than the cost of buying a new one.

He said that someone would contact me within 24 hours to let me know how much the charge would be, at which point I could decide whether to go with it. That was yesterday.

Today, I received an email saying that my new Kindle was on its way, and would I return the old one within 30 days. Nothing about how much it would cost.

I'm not sure whether to believe it. I'll let you know what happens.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote