View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #187
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Generate button on Edit Metadata screen?

I've taken a quick boo through the thread and I can't find where anybody asked whether it was possible to have a button for this plugin be added to the metadata edit screen or even take the place of the Generate Cover function that is in there already. Of course, it would have to be an option and now's certainly not the time for stumping that Kovid set aside new fatherhood to do so. But it would be nice to get the idea on the list of things you wizards think about.

And, if you want to REALLY win my heart-felt appreciation, you might also consider an option to auto-select the generated cover template based on the contents of a particular column. i.e. if #covercolumn = 'Mystery' then generate_template(cMystery).

This request was generated by a bunch of old PDB files I had lying around, some of which were for short stories. And, in a flash of non-brilliance, I decided to add a hundred all at once. I did the Ctrl-D thing to download all the metadata at once, but then had to start at the bottom of the list and add my customized columns, plus review the cover choices. Unfortunately, I had to exit at irregular levels to run the proper cover creation. I had TRIED to remember in an earlier mass input and was wrong often enough to not do it again. Not all small files need new covers, even the ones sized as less than 0.1. If I could generate through the plug-in, I'd end up with fewer forehead slaps when using the cover browser.

Thanks for thinking about it, GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote