View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
wsxhwyy
wsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the rough

Device: KT
DO NOT try to update your kindle after debricking your kindle

simple kindle touch (and k4nt) debricking method
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

Before my kindle bricked I used firmware 5.0.3. I used this method to debrick my kindle and it succeeded. But my firmware version is 5.0.0 now. Now I tried to update it to 5.0.3. But when it finished my kindle bricked again. I analyzed the update package and found these.

logmsg "I" "fl_kl1" "partition=/dev/mmcblk0" "flashing kernel"
BLOCK_SIZE=1024
KERNEL_OFFSET=266240
KERNEL_SEEK=$(( ${KERNEL_OFFSET} / ${BLOCK_SIZE} ))
KERNEL_COUNT=$(( 5111808 / ${BLOCK_SIZE} ))
mkdir -p imx50_yoshi
echo "dd out kernel via \"dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=imx50_yoshi/uImage-current skip=${KERNEL_SEEK} bs=${BLOCK_SIZE} count=${KERNEL_COUNT}\""
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=imx50_yoshi/uImage-current skip=${KERNEL_SEEK} bs=${BLOCK_SIZE} count=${KERNEL_COUNT}
bspatch imx50_yoshi/uImage-current imx50_yoshi/uImage uImage.patch
dd if=imx50_yoshi/uImage of=/dev/mmcblk0 seek=${KERNEL_SEEK} bs=${BLOCK_SIZE}

I think it means that your kernel WILL BE PATCHED TWICE. Now my touch is bricked because of the wrong kernel. And I need a kernel dump. I hope that somebody could provide me a copy. And those who want to try this debricking method, please do not try to update your kindle after debricking.
wsxhwyy is offline   Reply With Quote