View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #28
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, well in that case i agree that there really would be little room for improvement. Taylor, what are you waiting for to sell the idea to all the stores on the planet ? you know that, not having planet-sized craniums, they'll never come up with it on their own...
Sorry, I "zoned-out" of this thread. The issue is that no one will listen, and little ol' me can't do it myself. Plus, try to get investors interested in funding a new bookstore startup, with the state of the industry and the F.U.D. of publishers about ebooks.

In fact, at my local Borders, I HAVE pitched the idea, in depth, to several of their managers, one of whom actually said, "Wait, Wait!", pulled me over into the cafe, took out a notebook, and said "Ok, start over".

So perhaps this will become some middle manager's bright new idea at some point, the origins of which would be lost, were it not for this thread.

Regarding the social networking features, they kind of creep me out "in real life", too, but you know there is a demographic that would love it. So it would fill the bookstore with teenagers. Well, so what? Manga sells would go through the roof.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote