View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #20
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Ectaco is leading the flock
Problem is: this is a dead way to go.

On early adopters:
Given that if it won't sell (it probably won't), the firmware will remain undeveloped

you cannot ask people to pay more for an ereader which does not innovate anything, and uses a screen which is WAY heavier on eyes than Pearl and Vizplex's e-ink displays.

These very poor colors cost you big bucks, and wasting such a good resolution. The only way to save this device, would be to ship it without the color layer on it (@ 350 dollars, or 400 if there'll be good annotations capabilities).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
The way I see it is this:
-you have a need, you have no time to waste
-you have the money
-the ereader you buy does what you need, not perfectly but better than others and good enough to solve your problem
you buy it becoming an early adopter.
[/COLOR]
Shortly, this is what happened with me and enTourage eDGe. I bought it even if I knew the company was going to shut down after a month. Why? It was the only which could gave me what I needed, and I still use it for work. It still sells at 255 euros from Holland, and there are people who are still buying it.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-26-2012 at 11:04 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote