View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I'm sure it can display most pdf's just fine, and if page turns take upto 5 seconds I can live with that.
It doesn't make the reader a bad reader; just a slow one.

Truth is: You can always wait, and get better deals at a later time (see the pc sector).

But here's the thing:
Should the earliest adopters of the pc, and mac, have waited until the perfect computer had come out, they'd still be waiting (as there are still things to be improved upon current models).
and
Should the early adopters have waited, then maybe like the plastic logic, the project would have never lifted off, and come to maturity.
Having a sufficient initial budget is crucial to get some product started.
The plastic logic is nothing more than a concept shown in CES and other technology and gadget events.
If they had at least some early investors, perhaps it would have lifted off, and other readers would have costed way less.

The way I see it now, Ectaco is leading the flock, and setting the standard.
Now all we need is an increase in stock, and concurrence, and prices will come down.
The way I see it is this:
-you have a need, you have no time to waste
-you have the money
-the ereader you buy does what you need, not perfectly but better than others and good enough to solve your problem

Then you dodge the bullet and you buy it becoming an early adopter.

Can you please indicate what exactly JBC does better than other ereaders and in a decent way?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote