View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Update:

I deleted all the books off the SD card - the 269 files that I had put there to test the covers. I ejected the reader, they were still displayed in the library when it got back to the main screen. I clicked on a book cover, again it gave me the "Oops!" message. I clicked on the three lines next to the title in the library screen, hit "delete" and was able to delete it out of the library list. I did that to a second book, and it worked as well. Right after I deleted the second title, the KT went to the Home screen and ALL the 269 book titles were gone. Maybe it just needed some time to process, but this firmware seems to be really really slow - slower than .12.

So it seems that it's not checking the card updates until it's forced to do so. I really don't want to use the internal memory to store my books, but it seems like that may be the only way for it to recognize any changes quickly.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote