View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
I like your optimism.
The whole experience gives new meaning to the word "reading adventure " ...
I am not using the device for much.
I wanted to give my eyes a break ... I do not want to know how much is to buy eyeglasses.
I wanted to read PDFs and annotate them and see the annotations on the desktop.

All the above are ok excepting the last one where I had to settle for scribbling which for now is faster and easier to transfer to desktop within the same document. I have not tried yet, I am still reading a document. I hope I will be done by tomorrow with going through a complete cycle for my workflow.
So far I am happy. If the issues listed in message #2 and #3 in this thread are solved I will be more than happy.

I hope these explain my optimism and the fact that I am OK with the device.
To be honest with you if it wasn't for my eyes I wouldn't even look at this device.

I do realize the the amount of work included in any android based tablet is much bigger, the feature set is more complete, the performance better and so on ...but how does that help if you end up being blind?

If I was an investor I would surely invest in what would be called an eInk monitor. B&W for the beginning. I would design it as a second monitor for any desktop computer or laptop. If the user needs colors, multimedia and so on the monitors we all use today are far better. If the user needs reading then use this second eInk monitor. But hey, I am not an investor (I would not need to read this much if I was one ) so I can only pray for that eInk to show up on the market asap. I am quite sure that somebody out there is already working on it, the opportunity is too big to miss, only the technical obstacles to make that usable are big.

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 02-23-2012 at 09:28 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote