View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Max number of Ebooks? Frustrated!!

Hi!

I have a KT with a miscrosd card. I added 74mb of books to it this morning, none of which came through with covers, despite having covers on them. I deleted them off the card, but the KT didn't delete them out of the database. They showed up in the library as blank covers, and when I touched them it gave me a statement of "Oops! This is no longer readable" (or something like that). When I used the touch screen to move between the homes screen and library, it kept freezing. So I bit the bullet and did a factory restore, upgrading the firmware from .12 to .16, and cleared the mircosd card.

I started adding my books back on the SD card, between 35 to 100 mg at a time, letting it digest each time I added a batch. I checked the covers, no problems. I added the last batch of books, 88.4mb (269 files), and NONE of them came through with covers. These were a mix of things I had on the card for months with no problem, and three folders of things I tried to put on this morning. Again I tried to delete them out of the card and database, and despite being off the card they still showed up in the database.

Again I did a factory restore, reinstalling the new firmware and wiped the sd card. This time I added ONLY those 269 books that didn't show up properly, thinking maybe one of them is corrupt. They processed with no problem, covers showed up.

If all the books would load properly, there would be 1574 ebooks (758mb) on the card, not even a gig's worth of books. All the books have been reformatted through Calibre, dragged and dropped onto the SD card through the Kobo being attached to the laptop.

Is there a limit to the number of books Kobo can handle? I don't want to spend all night doing what I did all day, which is add ebooks and let it process only to find it not processing the books correctly and not be able to remove them from the database. I have NEVER not been able to remove the books from the database when I removed them from the card.

Thanks for any help, I'm contemplating turning it inti a Frisbee.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote