View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I was looking at e-books at the library, and they had books 2 and 3 of a series, but not book one. What good is that to anyone? It's not good for the readers, and it isn't good for the author. If all the books are available, people will check them out more, and thus the libraries will have to buy more.

I'm not inclined to say "The library doesn't have book 1, so I had better buy it," I'm more inclined to read something else instead.
I would think publishers would be more than happy to have at least Book 1 for all their series in the library, thus creating sales when people want to continue reading. It seems like a lost opportunity otherwise.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote