View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
My information was out of date. The last time I used the service (a couple of months ago), the books were only available for reading via a web browser. They've progressed a little since then.

Yes, it seems to be rolling out quite fast - the MLA list is well out of date. Have you tried using it with your ereader (which one do you have, BTW?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Regarding your point about TV commercials and elderly people being disappointed. I haven't seen the commercials you mentioned. But if they said that the Kindle could be used with library books, and if that is not true, then someone should refer it to the Advertising Standards Authority.
Oh, you must have seen them - they're all over the TV channels, showing happy cheery people in a country where the sun always shines (not the UK, then! ), reading on the beach, in the park, etc. No, they don't say the Kindle can't be used with library books, but as I said, Amazon doesn't warn buyers that it can't. And unfortunately, the others are so far behind in the UK think first of the Kindle. Hopefully the fact that Asda is now stocking the Kobo will make people realise there are alternatives.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote