View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
All that Kilborn/Konrath/Crouch/Nicholson stuff is flooding the "new $0.00" aggregate listings I normally use and making it hard to sort stuff out, as apparently the listings get reset when updated to include new and remove expired stuff and one has to go through all the pages of them again. And apparently Amazon has spent the past couple of days deciding to play pricing catch-up with a bunch of long-term Smashwords freebies as well.

There's some stuff I'll check later against the ISFDB, but for now, these are the writers whose names I recognized from previously or had an immediately-visible publication credit:

It turns out Lee Goldberg has 8 things free, some of them repeats or omnibus/singles otherwise previously offered: Linkage to pull them all up

Edgar/Bram Stoker nominee Billie Sue Mosiman offers: THE SCREAM-A Werewolf Tale

Tie-in novel writer (I think he did Star Trek or gaming) David Bain offers: THE PIT OF CORMAIR: A Shin and Skulk High Fantasy Sword and Sorcery Adventure

Kensington-published Kate Silver offers a romance: Tempting Taine

Gayle Wrigglesworth offers a 2004 novel printed by Koenisha, who seem to have at least 5 fiction writers in their stable. This is the 1st in a series with travelling as the amateur sleuth gimmick: Tea is for Terror (The Claire Gulliver Mysteries)

EC Sheedy who had a story collected in one of those Mammoth reprint anthologies offers a contemporary romance written as Carole Dean: One Tough Cookie

M.J. Rose repeats her stalker thriller: The Venus Fix (The Butterfield Institute)

Julianne Maclean offers her ARE Xmas countdown feature novel, a time travel western romance with a mystery element: Taken by the Cowboy

Big-6-paperbacked Cheyenne McCray writing erotic romance as Jaymie Holland offers: Alluring Stranger (Taboo)

Speaking of erotic romance/erotica, there's a huge slew of stories KDP-freebied by Excessica Publishing, which is run by Selena Kitt, who co-authored one of those Crouch/Kilborn books: Linkage to pull up the lot, though some are also Smashwords price-matches.

Previously-featured probably Canadian with-a-few-stories-published Chester Burton Brown offers a short sf tale: Felix and the Frontier

And just because the following are Relevant To My Interests

Professor Rick offers: Kitchen Science for Kids: Physics Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad, maybe he teaches kids to blow up the microwave by demonstrating built-up internal pressure from nuking potatoes you don't poke enough holes into. Whatever. It's a nice change from seeing the same half-dozen thriller stories repackaged and re-freebied umpteen times.

Izabela Pitcher offers the self-explanatory: How to Make a Tudor Kirtle and a Gown (Prior Attire Historical Costuming Articles) While I don't engage in historical recreationism myself, I often enjoy watching other people do it, and she's got a pretty decent gown made-up, from the look of the cover photo.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote