View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #35
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonobjective View Post
This.

This should be considered fair use, or licensing per seat.
You know, I always wondered that. I do not see a license in any paperback book that I've bought. Nothing that says "You can only use this in this form" or "you are licensed to be the only reader of this." Nothing invokes any ownership or copyright controls on that book. Indeed, I can loan it to people at will.

So... by that logic.. It would NOT be illegal for me to take the entire book and type it into a word document. It would NOT be illegal for me to scan the book. None of those acts would be illegal.

So, if I were to have a copy of the book, with the exact same content, in ebook form.. I wonder if I could legally fight challenges of piracy under a "Doctrine of First Sale" case.
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote