View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #31
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
No, this isn't art. In the case of art you view, it has been purchased already, and made available for viewing, that having been part and parcel of the artists "contract" with the purchaser. In the case of a novel, you have no right to read a copy of someone else's bought version. (You do, IMHO as an author, have a right to read that EXACT version, giving the reader who paid for a book thei right to lend you a book, provided they no longer have access to the book and no copies are made of the original.)
I agree with that when it comes to refrence materials and technical books that quickly become outdated. I still believe that when it comes to fiction (and some but not all non-fiction) the very act of reading and spending my time thinking about and discussing someones labour of love is payment enough. An exceptional tale is worth buying and re-reading.
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote