View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
pdxNat
pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.pdxNat can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
That's a lot of manual steps....

For a bit more automated approach, try using BookCreator Tool v3.0 instead.

It requires that calibre be pre-installed but calls it from within MS Word to produce your .epub or .mobi ebook without all those manual steps.
When I goto http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/ I see they've been purchased by Google and no longer appear to offer anything, though I'm sure good things are coming. It should be compatible with OpenOffice / LibreOffice in addition to Word, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen. Anyway, sounds nice. But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

The tutorial I wrote will surely be outdated soon with a "Turn this into an ebook" menu option in all word processors, but until then it's free and simple.
pdxNat is offline   Reply With Quote