View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #15
chumbucket
chumbucket began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring0_event View Post
If you want to read PDFs, IMHO forget the T1, absolutely. When you reflow text PDFs on the T1, page turns are excruciatingly slow. The 950 has no such issue, so if reading text PDFs is important, I would recommend shelling out for a 950. Now even the 950 is not capable of miracles, and if the PDF in question has many diagrams it will not reflow well.
You can always buy Kindle books, strip the DRM, and convert to ePub; this is what I do, actually, to pretty good effect.
IMHO stay away from converting from PDF to mobi/ePub; the results vary widely. It's best to get a reader that natively supports PDF well, and the 950 is simply the best.
So far, I've tried out four different books reformatted to epub in Calibre and they seem to flow really well. I'm sure there will be problem books but like I said the option to change the font size gives me more viewing options then I had with my 505 and improves some of those formatting issues.
I would like the bigger display of the 950 but they're pretty expensive on ebay. I'm thinking that they're probably about as heavy as my 505 was too. I'm digging how light the T-1 is.
chumbucket is offline   Reply With Quote