View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
This thing is awesome! Excellent screen clarity, tons of books with lots of memory to spare (got a Kingston 2gb micro SD card with adapters that I haven't used because the internal memory holds most of the books I have! May use it for audio books).

I can imagine future ebook readers to have color screens (animated without need to draw power to maintain a stationary image) with touch screens and Internet browsing (wifi)...

The Sony is really high quality -- they've put some thought into the design you can tell. Like the way the stock tan cover magnetically holds shut on the reader...little things like that are a nice touch.

I did dream years ago of having posters in my room that were in color and animated, so this isn't in the realm of unpossibility. B&W is good for reading though.

Used Sony's ebook library as well as calibre - using calibre to actually work with reader now (because of conversion features and meta data editor etc.

I also got the led booklight sony recommended and it does a fine job at illumination with minimal glare.

I would like the font sizes of my rtf files to be a little bigger, as the L(arge) size isn't big enough for my tastes. Calibre helps with this with conversion to LRF (with an option to change base font size) but it would be nice to have more size changing options on the device itself.

Overall 8/10, nearly perfect, excellent clarity and battery life. Would like to use it while charging, have slightly more intuitive menus, more font changing size options, ability to delete books etc. Much, much better than the ebookman 901 I used to have for the purpose of reading books!

arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote