View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #89
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Current status:
- "extract" now produces UTF-8 files.
- "compile" now expects UTF-8 files.
- A new mode named "iso2utf" has been added to the tool. This was quickly written up after the previous discussions (Well, it's 50 LOC, not 20, but still...) This mode can be used for converting existing localizations. Sample usage is "java -jar kt-l10n.jar iso2utf -f -s com/ -t com/". This would convert all .properties files inside com/ from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8. Source and target directories must be the same; in other words, files are updated in place. DO NOT run this more than once on the same directory, or the output WILL become bullshit. (It's converted from ISO-8559-1 to UTF-8 on the first run; it would be converted to something meaningless on the second run).

The current version has been checked in. I've tested the entire round-trip with the german translation, and it works for me. I also tested with some dummy russian file, and it seems to work as well. (try it... "pаз, два, тpи, четыpе", "блядь... не делает" ;-) ). So we should be ok to move to UTF-8.
Thanks, I'll make use of it.

(Your last Russian phrase is so much funny because one of the words is obscene [it's generally used for expressing of extreme frustration] and unexpected here and phrase doesn't fit in context of your whole message. I'm wondering what it was originally before translating...)
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote