View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #87
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
OK, good plan. I'm fine with assigned task and converting from Uncode escaped sequences to UTF-8 looks not so hard with Python, so I'll do it.

It would be better if extract part will also produce UTF-8 output. While practically it is superfluous (as only en_US resources will be taken from extract result and these resources are the same in ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 variants), it will be more consistent and more error-prone in case of my (or someone else's) error, if localized resource will leak from extract result to Git repo and further to Transifex.
I was experimenting with the .properties stuff in Java and found out something really nice: if using the stream-based approach (load(InputStream)/store(OutputStream)), things are ISO-8859-1. However, if using the (reader/writer)-based approach (e.g. load(Reader)/store(Writer)), things are UTF-8. This means that I only have to change a few lines in the code. More importantly, it is almost trivial (20 lines or so) to write something which converts files. So I'll integrate that into the program, and you don't have to waste time doing it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote