View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #80
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
After giving this a second thought, you're right about the line endings and timestamp, so I'll see if there is anything I can do about it.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
About UTF-8, I fear that there is no way to support it. properties files MUST be in ISO-8859-1. Storing them in UTF-8 directly will result in garbage on the reader.
I know that .properties must be in ISO-8859-1, when they are designed to be read by Java. But if you'll convert all .properties into .class on compiling locale bundle, then format of .properties will be of no matter for Java; it's contents of .class that will matters. And strings in .class could be UTF-8 AFAIK. (And Transifex supports UTF-8 in .properties with 'type=MOZILLAPROPERTIES').

Am I right in principle? Could you take a look into this?
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote