View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #431
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PInky1352 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get my PC to even SEE my Craig Tablet? I wanted to update it's original firmware (I was having issues using the Amazon Kindle reader app, it just wouldn't work in the original version). I was attempting to follow the upgrade instructions elsewhere in this thread, and ran into a problem after my PC (running windows 7) initially DID see the tablet. I got the "driver was not installed correctly error message". Went back and tried to correct that error, and now PC doesn't see the tablet at all (Also tried on another identical laptop and have same issue).

Is it possible to blow the USB out connection on these things somehow?

barring being able to do the update THAT way, can I just do the update the same way Craig's site tells you to do THEIR newer update, by simply copying the .img file onto the SD card?
Their Instructions to do so are here:
http://www.craigelectronics.com/site...ils.php?id=243

For me, it just seems much simpler to do it that way.

BTW..at least with THEIR 2.2 version I can actually use the Kindle reader software

Thanks for any assistance!
It sounds as though your USB driver went bad. If you go into Device Manager and see the device with a yellow circle with an exclamation mark, right click on it, remove it, and reboot. That should make the system look for it again and install the driver if it can.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote