View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't know whether this is relevant to the OP, but if you're a Calibre user you can get it to create the T1 thumbnail from whichever cover you've chosen to store in Calibre, i.e. any cover you like. The thumbnail gets created when you send-to-device any book (epub, pdf, txt regardless of whether DRM or non-DRM). The T1 does not then need to try and extract a thumbnail from inside the epub.

You also get choices to:
- retain aspect ratio, or not
- refresh cover thumbnails every time you connect, or not

All this is just a simple one-time setting, see attached
Thanks, but that was not really what I was looking for - I really did want a way to get a good cover embedded inside the epub files properly.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote