View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
The 'featured items' area has to go. One of the reasons I chose the Kobo Touch over the Nook and Kindle was because it didn't hog homepage real estate nor force their bookstore upon me. I specifically sought a device that was generic and not connected to a bookseller.

At least let me disable it. (If I can I can't find it.)

BOOO!
There is no ability to disable it currently, but you can set it to show your shortlist which at least gets rid of it showing recommendations/ad type stuff. The particular option you have chosen for the carousel (Recs, new books, shortlist etc) should stick (i.e. always stay the same unless you change it) but it currently has minor bug preventing that. I realize that doesn't solve all your issues, but that's all they've given us currently.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote