View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I tried an experiment and took a battery reading at 7:08 PM tonight at 75%. I left the Fire in Sleep Mode until 9:49 PM. Then I activated it and the reading was 73%.

Thus, with only Badass Battery Monitor and WiFi running the Fire expended 2% in almost 3 hours in Sleep Mode.

As I stated earlier in Shut Down Mode not even 1% was drained in 10 hours.

Anyone here can easily run these tests on their own to verify the results.

When the Fire is activated for the day, when one is awake, it should be left in Sleep Mode with WiFi on to receive and send syncs of eBooks and upgrades to Apps. If WiFi was left off, none of those Syncs would be possible.

However, at night, when one is asleep, it should simply be Shut Down to conserve battery power when one is not using it in any event.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote