View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:00 AM   #11
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I think the OP's title was somewhat misleading. Copyright protection won't be granted for a specific function --- only for the procedure how the function is being executed. That does make sense. Others have to find new ways. There usually aren't totally new ideas, anyway. Just old ideas applied in new settings.
Note the sentence marked bold in the second quote in OP. Note that it is not mentioning type of protection (copyright or patent). Now check what Microsoft has vs Android, as revealed by B&N (that deserves a lot of credit for standing up):

I'm not sure I correctly got what you mean by "how the function is being executed". How does it apply to the patents on the picture above?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote