View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 12:13 AM   #34
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
I'm a Linux-user. No problems on this end.

I'm currently running Linux Mint 11 GNOME 2.32. I typically use my KT with Calibre, but I just tested regular sideloading. The book used to test was The Essays of Montaigne by Michel de Montaigne from Project Gutenberg in ePub (with images). Worked fine for me.
That's because you aready used Windows (or the experimental deb package) to register the device. It won't work anymore without (but it used to, now it purposely goes out of it's way to disable the kobo until you set up with the Kobo Desktop software).

At the risk of joining the tin foil hat brigade, at this point, I have to questoin just exactly why Kobo is so desperate to force users into installing the kobo software on their pc's. It would have been just as easy to enable to kobo to register itself over internet than the new code they created just to cripple it. There's an ulterior motive here, I don't doubt the least.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote