View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Thanks a lot for the exhaustive report! It's incredibly useful to me!

I'm no genius, anyway! Yifan Lu is the genius, I had just misplaced his files and now I corrected the problem, thanks to your feedback. (I don't have a 3.3 yet... I guess Amazon will push it to my Kindle at some point).

Concerning finding the Kindle: very interesting. I tried to recreate the issue on my PC, but I could not. When you say:
Quote:
during the SAME attempt to install, it doesn't seem to work
what does it mean exactly that it does not seem to work? Does it crash? Does it fail again to find the Kindle? Do you get an error message? Or just nothing happens?

Quote:
After install it also needed to ... I don't know what to call it but there were a few words and a series of dots across the very bottom of the screen after the final restart as if it were actually installing the screensavers or something. This was AFTER the "you're good to go" sort of final Kubizo screen.
This might be a peculiarity of the 3.3. I'll confirm it as soon as I get my hands on one.
Quote:
And it will not accept a number of images that should be just fine and were made for Kindle screensaver use.(Love and use a number of yours but I'm an ADD kinda girl.)
This is alarming! But at least it should be really easy to recreate the problem on my PC, so that I can fix it. I'm downloading a bunch of images from the website you mentioned. Do you remember which ones exactly were giving you problems?

Thanks a lot again!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote