View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #117
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert22 View Post
I've only had it freeze up once, when rapidly deleting books from a collection without waiting for the screen to refresh, so this hasn't been a problem for me.

I understand it is happening on periodicals. When I was looking at the BOOKS.DB awhile ago I noticed there is a very complex view that is created for periodicals and maybe it has something to do with not enough memory or a memory leak in that case. That doesn't explain the problem with books however.

Since it has been working perfectly for me I wonder if it has anything to do with DRM books since I don't have any. I read mainly epubs with an occasional PDF now and then.

So when anyone experiences a problem it might be useful if they can say if the books has DRM or not. It may have nothing to do with DRM per se, just that it might take more processing/and or memory.

Also since users are experiencing the problem after reading for a while that may indicate a memory leak in the OS. So a shut down or reset would free up the memory.

Again I haven't had a single problem with reading and I use page swipes 99.999% of the time. I also have WiFi turned off unless I'm using the browser, maybe that makes a difference.
My experience is the same - I almost always use a swipe to turn the page and I read for long periods. The only crashes I have had were with a DRMed book and once I removed the DRM I had no more crashes.

The only time I had the page turning error was when I tried to blow dust off the screen with the unit on. Since then I've always made sure I had the unit off when cleaning it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote