View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #111
dedgod
Enthusiast
dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle PW2
I can confirm that doing the page turn swipe at the bottom of the screen triggers the rapid page turn problem. I have further noticed an unusual behavior. As I was reading an epub, it started highlighting a word on the new page with every page turn swipe. (i.e. read page 1, swipe to turn page, page 2 comes up and a word on page 2 becomes highlighted and the dictionary entry shows) It did this for every swipe page turn until I pressed reset and power to reboot.

This is acting like there is a memory leak in the operating system. Given that Android is such an immature OS, I'm not surprised. I don't think the problems will go away until Sony releases an update. In the meantime, I've come to accept that the reader will need to be reset every few days. Be on the lookout for an strange behavior of the reader as it could indicate an immanent failure.

If you hit the home button when the pages start flipping, it stops and it will be easier to find you page after the reset.
dedgod is offline   Reply With Quote