View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Really, in terms of bang for buck and ease of dealing with books from a variety of sources, look into a full tablet. Also, LCD ereaders are rather limited in screen size. You can find a good Android tablet in the similar price range as the LCD ereaders with bigger screens, and much cheaper than the iPad.

The Dell Streak is a pretty well-liked 7-inch that's affordable. I've also heard good things about the Vizio 8-inch. My dad has a 7-inch Dropad A8 that he likes a lot - not the newest specs in the world but more than good enough for ereading, and very affordable - around $200.

If bigger is better, there's a 9.7-inch HP Touchpad for about $250 that seems pretty nice. It's WebOS, which I've heard good things about.

Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 10-15-2011 at 04:14 PM.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote