View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #16
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I generally write poetry or operations manuals rather than stories.

For me, I do best getting something down snd coming back to it after time has passed. Then I can see flaws I am blind to early on. Obviously this doesn't work under deadlines.
I think it does make some sense though. I've read a # of books that say write the story then set it aside for a while before you go back to edit it. The reason being, like you said, that the writer is too close to the work to see any flaws in it at first. Setting it aside for a little while allows you to see the project with fresh eyes so that you are less likely to miss any flaws the 1st draft has, and that I'm pretty sure applies to both fiction and non-fiction.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote