Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #98
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Blossom, if you really just want a nighttime lcd reader, the original Pandigital Novel works very well and can be had for 80 bucks nowdays. I use one every night. Coolreader and Aldiko work great in night mode. The kindle app works fine, but is a little bright even in night mode.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=RR7T10WWH7

But if you want a better res screen and some horsepower under the hood, I think the Kindle Fire is a good buy. The Nook Color has been going for 150 bucks refurbed on and off for a while now and is bound to go that low (or lower) in the upcoming Holiday season.

I'm tempted to buy the fire even though I can't really justify it and the lack of a slot bugs me. Really hoping B&N is going to respond sometime soon with a NC2 to see what it might offer.
I am looking at the Pandigital Nova or Kindle Fire. I can get the Novas locally at Best Buy The Novel I read is heavy! Is that true? Ack it's only has Android 2.0 installed. I need newer then that. Nova has 2.3
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote