Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I've looked at the Micro Cruz T408 too. It has an 8" capacitive screen with 800 x 600 resolution (vs. 1024 x 600 on Fire and Lenovo A1). The Cruz is $240 at Amazon, more than you wanted to pay. The 16GB Lenovo A1 is almost as much as that (assuming the price will remain the same as they last indicated).

Blossom, since you want to keep the price at $200 maximum, you'll be using the tablet mainly for reading, and you already have Kindle books, it seems like the Kindle Fire might be a good choice for you. It looks like it has a very nice screen. I don't know if lack of external SD card storage would matter to you. The 8GB internal (approximately 6GB available for user content) is enough to hold 80 apps, plus 10 movies or 800 songs or 6,000 books. Plus, there's the cloud if you have easy wifi access. I'm also wondering if content could be stored on our computer and then sideloaded onto the Fire via USB cable.
Actually Micro Cruz T408 has been marked down $199 so it's the same price. I rather deal with Amazon for support though than another company. I like the Fire but it's the whole side loading allowed that has yet to be answered. If I can't use Mantano on it that would be a big issue for me. I use epub not mobi. Mobi only works for Kindle. Mantano is an epub reader. So is Cool Reader. All my books are in both epub and mobi. I don't care for the Kindle for Android app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote