Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #37
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Lenovo pulled the price of the A1 from their site and you can no longer "Customize and Buy". It says it's temporarily unavailable for purchase. Previously it said a November ship date. Right now, it doesn't seem like an alternative buy.
Scion, I am relatively sure that at one time there was a Oct 27 ship date but that is pretty close to Nov and may be what you are talking about.

My guess is that Lenovo found that their Russia and China markets demand was greater than what they had estimated. Remember they never put it up for sale in the USA directly, which would have meant Amazon or Best Buy where they had their K1 on sale for 330USD for 2 days.

Anyway, I am willing to wait until what is available is what I want. The idea of a good $200 7" tablet is fantastic. It will nicely fill an empty niche in my assortment of electronics. At this point I am planning to buy two. One for myself and one for a relative.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote