View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #51
sophiek
sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sophiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
I just updated to the latest version. Does anyone know why you need to do the update through the desktop as opposed to directly on the KT via Wifi? As I have posted previously, my husband and I each have a KT, share an account on Kobobooks but rarely read the same titles. We both download directly from Kobobooks and never use the desktop except for updates. The problem that arises is that to update each of our KT's I have to go through our library in Kobobooks (now at 78 titles), change everything that is mine that I haven't read yet to 'I'm Reading', remove anything I have read from the "I'm Reading' because it is there from the last update but I delete titles off the KT as I read them to keep my library to unread books since there is no way to set up different libraries or categories on the KT), then sync with the desktop. After syncing with the desktop and getting the update, I can then sync the KT to the desktop. After doing this, I have to undo everything I have just done and start the process over for my husband's books. It is a royal pain. The desktop will then sit unchanged until the next update comes out and I have to do it all again. Why can't the KT just tell me there is an update which I would then download and leave my books as they are??

Also as an aside, I find it interesting (odd?) that the Kobobooks library sorts the titles differently than the desktop and KT do. On one (I forget which) any title starting with 'the' is under 't' alphabetically, on the other, it would be under whatever letter the second word starts with. Again, a pain if you have to go through 78 books to pick out 15 to sync . I guess this wouldn't be a problem if I read my books in the order I purchased them but I don't...
sophiek is offline   Reply With Quote