View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #94
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
I was thinking of a new plugin, but looking at my used plugins, this one could be the one that does the trick, if another option would be available.

I do a lot of programming. There is no good way of indexing my projects, or my created libraries. Also because they are written in many different languages.

Just today I thought it would be great to just zip all my projects and then add them to calibre. That way I could quickly locate a project, tag it with extra info (and summary) and safe space because of the zipping.

The only thing is, that it would be a lot easier if I had an option to open the project directly.
My idea was to create a plugin that could unzip the project to a specific location and then open it with the right program.

Open with... could assist here.
E.g. If I create a entry for zip-files called: netbeans_second-drive
It visually indicates that it should be opened wit netbeans, and that the project is extracted to my second drive.
Step one can be made by this plugin, I can define a path to extract the files to by a command line option.
But then I need to run a second action, open the unzipped project in Netbeans.

Is this an option that is desired to be implemented? So, run 2 tasks, while task two is executed if task 1 is ready (e.g. unzip/unrar tool is shut down again).

Are there more users that could need a duplicate action, or is it just me (in that case I should use batch scripts).

And of course this is no core function of calibre. But it is an excellent additional function that could be performed without changing calibre.

I should have to manually update the zip if a program like winrar is closed during editing, but the first steps are most important to me.

Just would like to hear your reactions before anyone gives his/her time for adding a function that is only used by one user (and could affect all users (bugs, mem/cpu load, ...)
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote