View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #120
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by friflaj View Post
Cool, that takes care of the icon. I tried "Import Annotations", but it just gave me a solid black screen where previously the text was.
Can you check the version of the pdf-file. If the version is bigger then PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5 compatible), Xournal can have problems with it. The file could also be protected which also causes some problems.
Quote:
I see that flipping pages is a lot faster when you've previously displayed that page. Would it be possible to cache the display results, or is the SD card to slow for this? The page flipping speed is the main thing that makes me go back and forth between the native reader and xournal.
Xournal renders pages when it needs to display them and keeps then into memory. There is currently no pre-fetcher or clever caching mechanism (to limit memory use) in Xournal.
Quote:
Does the Merge save my annotations in the PDF, or in the metadata.db like the native app?
The Merge creates a new PDF file by copying the original file and adding an extra section to it. When doing this on unprotected PDF1.4 documents, there usualy is no problem. However newer PDF formats and protected files can give problems.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote