View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 04:37 AM   #34
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I like Battlefield Earth, myself -- the book, not the movie which bore only fraudulent resemblance to it.
Me too. I liked the book but not the movie. I remember my friend in Israel told me once(about the movie): our best guys spend 3 years in Air Force to learn to fly F-16 and these apes who could not read learned it in a few weeks/months?

I also really liked The Da Vinci Code

Anyway, here is my list:

1. Any Russian classics (Pushkin, Lermontov, Dostoevsky, L.Tolstoy, Sholohov, Gogol, Maksim Gorky, Anton Pavlovich Chekhov).....argh....

2. Thomas Covenant Series by Stephen Donaldson

3. American Gods by Neil Gaiman

4. The Earthsea by Ursula Le Guine

5. The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe

6. The Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings and Leigh Eddings

7. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera

8. The Soddit by Adam Roberts

9. The Wind-up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami
astra is offline   Reply With Quote