View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I've always found it unjust to compare the screen of the Pocketbook 902/3 with pearl screens as one year ago Pocketbook simply had no possibility to build a pearl screen into their devices, thanks to Amazon. But now, a year later, I can't understand the reasons why they offer their new devices without a pearl screen.
I didn't really think what sort of screen PocketBook used. It is in the same price bracket as Onyx and Kindle devices of the same size then why not compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
So now you are confortable reading PDF (in no reflow mode) ? in reflow mode you lose formatting but gain better contrast so I'm interested only in no reflow mode.
I haven't used the reflow mode and don't know if I can with the books I have. I managed to read a chapter yesterday and was satisfied enough to come to the conclusion that I could keep the reader. But since the device has allegedly been abandoned by its developers I may have to rethink my decision. I haven't tried any Onyxes yet so I may as well give one a go before I decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
Yes coolreader doesn't read pdf files, but if they are just pdf novels then Calibre is your best friend
I intend to read mostly technical documents, manuals, textbooks etc. on my reader. For leisure reading I prefer to use old, smelly, paper books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
That been said it is very unlikely that a software update will help to improve contrast to be on par or better than kindle 3 DX which uses Pearl screens.
Thicker fonts would definitely help unless you had PDFs made of bitmaps. There isn't Kindle 3 DX, is there? Are you referring to the one that is 3 from outside and 2 from inside?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote