View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #340
camerontai
camerontai began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK str
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
As long as you have registered your account with an US billing address a non-US credit card should work fine. I do not think how you registered your B&N account does matter.
I assume you understand that you need to buy the books from the B&N website on your PC with the VPN active, not using the shop function of your Nook?

I recently had a problem with my credit card suddenly not being accepted. I finally solved that problem by deregistering my Nook, changing the e-mail address of my account (new gmail address), and registering the Nook again to the new e-mail address. I used the VPN when changing the e-mail address.
I have no idea what caused this problem. And I do not know if changing the e-mail address was really necessary. Perhaps reregistering the Nook would have been enough.
I have decided to use the VPN every time I login to my B&N account, not just when I am buying books, just in case that was the cause of my problem.
Good news. I solved my problem. The answer for the matter was more simple than i thought: there was a problem on my credit card. B&N never asked for my 3 digit credit card code. So, i fixed that. Anyway thank you very much for your assistance.
camerontai is offline   Reply With Quote