View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #550
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Does that include the products listed in the left column under "Browse"? Or just the products in the middle? Also, does it work if I choose the Subscribe and Save option?

I've never used a Kindle coupon before.
I used the link for "All Back To School Products." Once there, find "Seller" in the menu on the left and click the box next to Amazon (the coupon only works on items sold by Amazon). That leaves about 1500 items, including coffee, dog snacks, cookies, cereal, candy, box meals, instant meals (mac & cheese) and lots more.

If you use Subscribe and Save, you'll get an extra 15% on that one item - but then your coupon is gone. It's one-use coupon.

So, if you want to save the most (and have items you eat that Amazon sells at reasonable or good prices, add all the items to the cart. As you look at each item, check to see if it also has a promotion code; if so, copy it to notepad to use during checkout. Some items have individualized coupons (I hit four with $1 off), which show up right below the product title and before any other description or promo code - about where the "other formats" section is on a kindle book. When your cart is full, proceed to checkout and enter first your 50% off coupon (and check the savings, see if half came off; if it didn't, make sure each item is sold by amazon -- you can see that in the order page at this point; remove any that aren't -- or don't, I know my mom added items to her order that didn't qualify, just to get the free shipping since they were with the items that did). Then, enter each of the added promo codes you found.

If there are items you buy that are on the list (or items you want to try), you can quickly save the cost of a brand new KSO with this coupon - if you don't have one, order today, get it tomorrow and sign up for the coupon immediately; you have a month to use it, although I expect the BTS sale to thin out over the next few weeks.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote