View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I read them for the story, not to study the poetry of the language, so it's like reading a novel written entirely in dialogue.

This is probably because I spent years studying him through 0 and A level English, then a degree in Lit. Now I don't understand why others have difficulty.
My own first exposure to Shakespeare was through movie versions of his plays. Hamlet & MacBeth primarily. The old black & white versions with Laurence Oliver and Orson Welles that is with Romeo & Juliet and The Taming of the Shrew (both in color) thrown in for good measure. He's still one of the greatest writer's to have ever lived I think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote