Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
karyan
karyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, Android Tablet
Intro

I've been using MobileRead Forums for some time now to troubleshoot various problems I've had with different e-book readers. It's been an amazing source and I thought I should finally register, if only to say how much I appreciate the expertise of your members. (Right now I working on building a custom dictionary of technical jargon, thanks to some of the postings I've read here.)

I currently own a Kindle and a Kobo ereader and help my sister with her two ereaders (a Sony and an Android-based reader) and try to get her latest toy, a Blackberry Playbook, to behave.

I *love* having a portable library and so far the Kindle is definitely my favourite e-book reader. Probably my biggest outstanding issue is that so many of the professional documents I read are, out of necessity, in PDF format. Converting to a free-flowing text format just doesn't work - messes up the information layout - and zooming in and out is a clumsy solution. On the plus side, Amazon's customer service has been awesome - including the speedy replacement of my first Kindle when it meet it's untimely end.
karyan is offline   Reply With Quote