View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I think it is a swell idea.

Obviously you have done a lot of research, writing and experimentation already if you own 30 readers.

My advice would be to start with a few sample chapters and see if you can generate an interest forom how to publishers. Might possibly be more lucrative than self publishing. (For Dummies comes to mind)

Even if selfpublished, I would not mention torrents anywhere

Tips for your specific reader?
Yes

Comparisons with other readers?
Appendix

Lots of technical details such as boot time or standby?
Should be standardized form a end of each reader chapter/discussion

Lots of links to free eBooks, torrent sites and such?
No

Regular updates to the eBook, for example another chapter every week?
Not unless you sell it to a magazine in a serialized/installment form

Lots of pictures, for example comparing font sizes?
Urrggghhhh to a book or ebook with too many screenshots.

Pictures should be attractive and not all looking the same. Pictures enhance a book, but not if they are just like a user manual. (links to user manuals for each reader would be good.

Helen

speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote