View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #173
exNookie
exNookie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch
I am an avid Android device user. Although I have been reading these forums for a long time, I have never posted here before. I just sold my Nook Color for various reasons, the biggest being that I prefer e-ink.

I think having a news app on the Kobo Touch such as Pulse (http://www.pulse.me/) or similar functionality would be a HUGE plus. I am surprised no one has mentioned this request. For me the most critical general features that an e-reader should have are as follows:

(1) The ability to read e-books
(2) The ability to read news stories

In my opinion email, Facebook, Twitter, browsing, texting, etc. are all secondary to the ability to read books and news. Those features would be great pluses, but they get into features which are typical of a tablet or smartphone.

Thanks for the great forum and all of the support the Kobo devs are bringing to the community.

EDIT: After more research I noticed that you can get newspapers on the KT which most people here probably know. I'm wondering why you're limited to paid newspapers and can't get free news like with other apps available on other devices. So I guess that means you're stuck with Calibre for newsprint.

Last edited by exNookie; 07-27-2011 at 12:28 AM.
exNookie is offline   Reply With Quote