View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I've got as far as the Bazaar site and was about to download the Standalone version but noticed that it has Python 2.6 bundled. However, calibre requires 2.7 - so should I download the Python-based Bazaar installer - which then requires me to install all dependencies myself , (whatever that means!)
Go ahead and download the standalone version.

Yes, it has its own copy of python, and yes, calibre has its own copy, and yes, you will likely install python. However, it is worth it (to me) to burn some disk space to get ease of update -- each of the tools can be updated without affecting the other. In addition, getting standalone installers deals with prerequisites.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote